2018 Star-Spangled Spectacular
at Fifth Third Bank Stadium
Saturday, June 30
(Raindate: Sunday, July 1)
5 p.m. – Family Fun Festival
8 p.m. – Concert and Fireworks
Free Patriotic Concert and Fireworks at Kennesaw State University
Kick off your Independence Day celebration at Kennesaw State University’s 11th Annual
Star-Spangled Spectacular on Saturday, June 30, 2018! This year's event will be held
at a new venue location: Fifth Third Bank Stadium at Kennesaw State University’s Sports + Entertainment Park. Fifth Third Bank Stadium
is located near KSU's campus in Kennesaw, GA at 3200 George Busbee Parkway NW. This
free, annual event features a patriotic concert with performances by the KSU Big Band
and KSU Summer Orchestra followed by a spectacular fireworks finale. Beginning at
5 p.m., the Family Fun Festival features pre-concert activities including free games,
face painting, and balloon artists for kids plus food vendors, exhibitors and vendors
from the KSU community and beyond, and more.
What changes to the event should guests expect in the new venue?
Star-Spangled Spectacular will continue to be a FREE event for members of our community to celebrate the Independence Day holiday and enjoy patriotic music and fireworks in a family-friendly setting. In order to accommodate this event at Fifth Third Bank Stadium, several updated event policies have been put in place to ensure a quality experience for all guests:
1. No outside food and beverages will be permitted inside the stadium.
- A variety of concession options will be available for purchase inside the stadium including grilled items such as hamburgers, hotdogs, and chicken sandwiches as well as tater tots, popcorn, snacks, and other assorted specialty items.
- Several low-cost, family food packages will be available, including:
- 4 hot dogs, 4 chips, and 4 small drinks – $20 (regularly $33)
- 4 burgers, 4 chips, and 4 small drinks – $24 (regularly $42)
- A selection of beer, wine, and soft drinks will be available for purchase inside the stadium.
- Per the university and stadium tailgating policy, guests may picnic outside the stadium prior to entering the event.
- Each guest may bring into the stadium one empty water bottle to fill with free water available on site.
2. The following items WILL NOT be permitted inside the stadium:
- Outside food and beverages
- Oversized bags larger than 12”x12”x12” in size
- High-backed chairs that obstruct the view of other guests
- Large golf or oversized umbrellas
- Sparklers, fireworks, candles, or open flames
- Oversized banners, flags, decorations, or other large items that obstruct the view of other guests
- Dogs and other pets except service animals
3. The following items WILL be permitted inside the stadium:
- Picnic blankets for on-field seating
- Bags smaller than 12”x12”x12” in size
- Low-backed chairs that do not obstruct the view of other guests
- Small, personal umbrellas
- Small flags and other patriotic decorations
4. The following security procedures will be enforced:
- To ensure the safety and security of all guests, each person entering the stadium will pass through a walk-through metal detector.
- Guests are encouraged to bring clear bags to speed up entry into the stadium, but a “clear bag policy” WILL NOT be enforced for this event. However, oversized bags larger than 12”x12”x12” will not be permitted inside the stadium.